Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grandson




This is our first grandchild.  After raising five girls, a boy is a delight to have in the family.  Although we have a son-in-law, who is the best, girls are out number the guys in this family.  Even our dogs are female!  LOL

Brooks Michael Blackman, born December 17, 2012, is a joy in our family.  As you can see, he is already a sports fan and I'm sure will be an athlete in school, if his father has anything to do with it.  The girls oooh and ahhhh over him every chance they get.  

With Brooks' mom and dad living in Charleston, SC, it is difficult to see him as often as we would like, but we sure can spoil him from a distance.  We are excited about next week being Spring break....can you guess what we are going to do?  I'm so excited and so are the girls, and the grandfather.  I can't forget about him!  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Easter week.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Congratulations again. I can tell you that raising my son has been a joy. He has such a gentle heart and is very caring. I am actually glad that he is the oldest and can "take care" of his younger sister even though she doesn't think she needs "taking care" of. I hope to see more pictures as he continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    I understand the whole girls outnumbering the boys thing. In my wife's family it is her and her sister. Her Dad always wanted a son and never got one. When his other daughter was pregnant with her first he was so hopeful it would be a boy. Nope, it was a little girl. Then she got pregnant again two years later and my wife and I got pregnant 2 months later. Now he had 2 chances to get that boy. You guessed it, not 1, but 2 little girls. So now he has 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters and although he always wanted a boy, he wouldn't want it any other way.

    ReplyDelete