Friday, March 15, 2013

The Green Anole

Sitting at my dining room table, I happened to look out the window and notice this little lizard copping some sun!  LOL  I had a little chat with him to let him know that inside the house was not his place and politely picked him up to release him outside.

I remember when I was in high school, many years ago, that the boys would  pinch the jaws open on these little lizards and let them clamp on their ear lobes and hang as they walked around scaring people. Of course, you know guys....they thought this was fun!  No offense to the guys!  That was a long time ago.  I don't know if people still do this.

They do have teeth.  Just not sharp teeth because they have no need for sharp teeth.  I have handled many and have never had one bite me, so I'm not sure they bite or if they do, maybe it doesn't hurt.  I think I've read somewhere that they can hurt if they bite you.  I think they are cute little creatures!


1 comment:

  1. How fun. In Wyoming we don't have much like that. All we have is antelope. Yippy.

    ReplyDelete