Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wedding Dress


It was an exciting day for all of us.  It was this past January, when my daughter, Krystal, her two maids of honor, her future mother-in-law, and myself, left from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina on our excursion to Columbia, South Carolina to a Bridal Shop.  We had a 3 hour drive, which really didn't seem like that, because of all the talking and laughing we did on our way.  

We stopped and had a light lunch, talked and laughed even more. Of course, my daughter then decides that she was going to try on wedding dresses and she wished that she had waited until afterwards to eat anything. (Like she is really big! ha!)

The excitement really begins when we walk into the door of the bridal shop.  Understand that this is my natural born baby girl, although I have four step-daughters, and one is already married, and married before I became part of the family.  

Once we are inside, we had to complete a register.  Then we were assigned someone that would take care of the finding dresses and help with trying on the dresses. After choosing a dozen or so dresses to try on, we head over to the dressing area.  We all have chairs around the stage and await for her to come out with her first dress.  We are all chatting about this and that when she walks out in the dress pictured here.  Well, let me tell you, when I looked up and saw my baby girl, tears came from out of nowhere and they rolled like a water fall.  I couldn't stop and didn't even know why I went from laughing to crying.  The feeling really came so sudden. It was just that instant of realizing that this was MY baby girl and she somehow grew up!  It was like I blinked when she was a baby and missed 24 years, and she was grown. She is my sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am not sure I can add much to this post since I am a guy and all.(haha) The thing I remember about my wife going gown shopping was that I couldn't understand, at the time, why she needed so many people to go with her. I didn't realize what a big event it was for the bridal party. When I went to get fitted for my tux, it was just me. After it was explained to me, I totally understood the whole thing. Now that we have a daughter, I know my wife will look forward to the day she can share the same memory with her, but those memories better wait for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,
      Don't blink! Babies grow up fast. You wait until you see your daughter in a wedding gown. I've seen many men cry like a baby when their daughter walks down that isle. One day you will understand. Just cherish every day!

      Delete