Thursday, March 14, 2013

Drive Through Zoo

What a day!  We decide that we would spend a Saturday with our youngest daughter at a drive through zoo that is about 3 hours from our house.  The place is called Lazy 5 Ranch: http://www.lazy5ranch.com/  

Anyway....this picture is from that day.  It's a longhorn cow.  He was walking up to the car as I was clicking pictures on my phone. I wanted to get a up close picture, but just as I snapped, he spoke!  Hahahahhahaa...I thought it was a great shot and a lucky shot.

We had a good time driving through and feeding all of the animals.   Although, it was a dusty job.  I had a bucket of feed sitting in my lap and the animals would automatically stick their heads in the window and go straight to the bucket.  At first, I was holding the bucket up to the window, but between the little breeze that day and the snorts the animals would make, feed dust would blow back in my face.  So I found that if I just kept the bucket in my lap, they would stick their head in the window, if they could.  I would hold it out for the ones that were either to short, or long horns.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment