Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Power of Three

Have you ever heard that saying that bad things happen in three's?  Today, we had just the opposite.  Good things happenend in three's!
First, Samantha had her confirmation in church this morning.  Bless her heart.  She has prepared for this for four months of sessions with the youth at church.  I can't believe how many young people there are in this church that had confirmation today.  I think this is absolutely wonderful.  We are very proud that Samantha decided to do this.  I guess it was a way that somone was telling us that we needed to attend church on a regulary basis.  I have lived in this town for three and a half years and haven't really found a church.  I guess Samantha found it for me.  
Samantha is the one in front of the older man.  
Second, Cassie, our daughter in college, made the cheerleading team again for next year.  This was her first year in college.  They have to tryout every year for cheerleading.  We are very proud of her as well.

The third, actually is a comical little story.  I was sitting at the kitchen table working on the computer when I hear a screeching yell, "HELP ME! Please come help me!" At the same time, I hear running down the stairs. I jump up to run to Samantha, just as she runs into the kitchen.  I asked her what was wrong as she was panic stricken in the face.  She started pointed in her mouth and said her tooth was stuck sideways and she couldn't get it turned back around.  What a commotion for nothing.  Poor thing.  I washed my hands, grabbed a paper towel to use to twist the tooth back in place...as I twisted...it came right out.  I did take a picture of her before I touched it, which calmed her down a little. I told her I was taking the picture to show her how it was twisted in her mouth, but I was taking it to put here.  LOL You can see how it is twisted in her mouth.  She also hates anything that happens to her and gagged as she rinsed her mouth and saw the blood.  She is the drama queen.  The tooth fairy will be here tonight.


2 comments:

  1. That is so funny... You have me laughing. Family life is so much fun... isn't it? The greatest job we can ever do in life is be the best moms we can be! I know that sounds so 1955... but it's true! I love being a mom and having childeren... they enrich my life... just like yours do. I know they definatly make life more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment! In view of the horrific events that happened last week in Boston and Texas, these little everyday moments are what really matter and what make life so special. Family is so important! Reading about your family events have made me smile these past few weeks. I've enjoyed getting to know you and them. :)

    ReplyDelete