Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Krystal and Robbie

Krystal and Robbie
April 6, 2013
 This is Krystal and Robbie.  I may be a biased mom, but isn't she just beautiful?  LOL  She is my sunshine.  When she was about 2 years old, we used to sing that song together all of the time.  She even made it into a funny rap at two and she still sings it to me that way today.

She and Robbie will soon be married.   The wedding will be in August at Murrells Inlet, SC.  It's going to be a small wedding with just immediate family and their best friends.  Probably somewhere around 80 people total.  She opted to have a small wedding to save money so she could have what was left in the wedding budget for them to have a little cash to pad their checking account, as she says it, to begin their new life together.  Of course, I don't blame her and I think it's pretty smart.

Robbie is going to be a wonderful son-in-law.  The first time I met him, I had to tell him my corvette story.  To make a long story short, I told it to every boyfriend she has ever had, and they all ran except for him.  He's a winner!  The story goes something like this......Son, if your father gave you a brand new, red/black corvette, would you take really good care of it?  Of course the answer would be yes.  I'd say, son, would you wash it, wax it, and keep it really clean on the inside?  They would all answer, yes.  I'd say, son, if you drove that car to a party and stood outside and one of your friends walked over to your brand new corvette, that your father gave to you, and you have washed it, waxed it, and worked hard keeping it really clean on the inside, and that person took a key and scratched it all they way down the side, what would you do?  Each one of her boyfriends always fell for this....they would reply, I'd probably go slam that person down and fight!  Or something on the order of that.  I'd smile and look at my daughter and then look at her boyfriend, and say, as I pointed over to her, well, son, there sits my pretty corvette!



5 comments:

  1. Oh....He started smiled, looked a little scared, and my daughter said...."see, I told you she would tell you the corvette story." She ruined the reply. She never did that previously. I guess that was a sign that he was the one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the corvette story! They make a great couple. Their wedding will be beautiful and I think they are being very wise with having some money set aside to start their life together. I hope they're going somewhere fun for their honeymoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always a good thing when you can add a "Robbie" to the family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a charming family... full of love and life. It has been so great to read about them. Congats about your daughter, that must be really exciting for you and your family. Remember that old saying that you are not losing a daughter, but gaining a son! And he sounds like he is a real catch! I am sure you have raised your daughter to find a man that is going to love and nurture her for the rest of her life. Good luck! and thanks for posting.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete